Connecting Innovators with Entrepreneurs
- SpringBoard Organizes Surfx Technologies Demonstration JEDC, May 4, 2012
- SpringBoard organizes tour of Naval Surface Warfare Center Lab for California Law Enforcement officials Alaska Business Monthly, March 14
- JEDC helps mines, farms go green, Alaska Journal of Commerce, January 29, 2012
- JEDC's SeaPerch Workshops Begin Again Across Alaska, JEDC, January 17, 2012
- New Green Technology May Transform Mining and Agriculture Sectors, Alaska Business Monthly, January 16, 2012
- New Green Technology May Transform Mining and Agriculture Sectors, Mining World, January 16, 2012
What We Do
As a partner of the US Department of Defense, SpringBoard's purposes at national, statewide, regional and local levels are to:
- Develop partnerships that result in transfer, commercialization and transition of technologies developed by DoD laboratories and private industry; and
- Support and facilitate K-16 educational programs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- Help existing companies identify and screen appropriate Department of Defense technologies which can be licensed and commercialized.
- Identify new technologies in the private sector which can be utilized by DoD at the national and international levels and help to get these into DoD operational use.
- Facilitate joint projects between DoD and private companies, as well as between agencies and academic institutions - to further commercialize Dept. of Defense technologies.
- Assist entrepreneurs in the start-up of new companies and the commercialization of DoD technologies by providing intensive business assistance.
- Provide teachers with the support and tools they need to effectively and engagingly teach math and the sciences in K-12 classes.
New businesses grow and diversify the economy. We believe that the potential for many enterprises to develop productive business relationships with the Department of Defenses is significant and largely untapped.