Connecting Innovators with Entrepreneurs
What We Do
SpringBoard's purposes at national, statewide, regional and local levels are to:
- Develop partnerships that result in transfer, commercialization and transition of technologies developed by DoD laboratories and private industry; and
- Support and facilitate K-16 educational programs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- Help existing companies identify and screen appropriate Federal technologies which can be licensed and commercialized.
- Facilitate joint projects between Federal laboratories and private companies, as well as between agencies and academic institutions - to further commercialize technologies.
- Assist entrepreneurs in the start-up of new companies and the commercialization of technologies by providing intensive business assistance.
- Provide teachers with the support and tools they need to effectively and engagingly teach math and the sciences in K-12 classes.
New businesses grow and diversify the economy. We believe that the potential for many enterprises to develop productive business relationships with Federal laboratories is significant and largely untapped.